Write about a fear you have overcome.

 Prompt Response: One fear I have overcome is my previous fear of thunderstorms. I used to have terrible storm anxiety- to the point where I would have panic attacks. I was terrified that my house would get struck by lightning despite the very low chances of it happening. However, I now absolutely love storms, and I even sit outside during them most times! I am proud that I overcame this fear, because it is not fun to be scared of storms in Georgia!

Summary: Today in our shortened class, we went over our argumentative paragraph and things we can improve on.

Reflection: I was pretty proud of my score on the argumentative paragraph, however I am frustrated with the points I got deducted because I feel that they were dumb mistakes on my part. However, when writing it I hadn’t been fully confident. For this reason, I was happy with my score.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?