Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
Prompt Response: I am currently attempting to persuade my dad to stop using ChatGPT, Claude, and other AI platforms due to the harm they bring to the environment. To do this, I have used multiple articles written by environmentalists and even sent him sad videos of animals who are affected of climate change. I used ethos when I found articles written by environmentalists who knew what they were talking about and are credible. I used pathos when I sent sad videos of animals who were affected, which would evoke sad emotions. So far, ethos has been the more effective persuasion technique, as my dad is more interested in reading articles than watching videos. I will continue to use these tactics to fully persuade him.
Summary: Today in class we went over examples of ads and how they might use more of ethos, pathos, or logos.
Reflection: Our review of ethos, pathos, and logos will help me to continue persuading my dad to stop using AI platforms. I now understand how these persuasion techniques can work a lot better than we might realize.
Comments
Post a Comment