Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?
Prompt Response: I feel that as I grow older, I will have to stand up for the conservation of the environment a lot. I plan on going into the biology field when I get older. Therefore, I will end up fighting for organisms that don't necessarily have a voice. I also feel that with the worsening problem with climate change, there will be an increase in problems that must be fought for. If I do work in the biology field, I will be faced with these problems firsthand.
Summary: Today in class, we discussed arguments and the tactics of a good debate.
Reflection: The discussion of debate made me think about how I would argue within a debate. I realized the importance of ethos, pathos, and logos.
Comments
Post a Comment