Write about a conversation that changed you.
Prompt Response: A conversation that I feel changed me was the conversation my parents had with me when we left the church. My family used to be very involved in the church, but after a bad priest, we decided to leave. The priest had started preaching things that we did not agree with, and after leaving the church my parents kind of decided they didn't want to be in the church at all. They allowed me and my sisters to choose our own path, but the conversation that we had was kind of life changing as it marked the beginning of my views changing. Having been so involved in the church we were at and having so many connections within it made it a bit of a confusing conversation for me. Nonetheless, I was able to figure out my own views, which wouldn't have happened had my parents not had the conversation with us.
Summary: Today in class we answered questions about the poem we read and annotated yesterday.
Reflection: I felt pretty good about the questions because the notes we took yesterday ended up being really helpful and almost answering the questions for me in a way. I have not always been the strongest in annotating poetic writing, so it was very helpful that we did it in class. I want to continue practicing annotating poetry, however, so I hope we continue practicing that.
Comments
Post a Comment