Today, you had the opportunity to read your classmates' writing. What was it like seeing how other people in the class think and express their ideas? What did you notice or find interesting about reading different perspectives and approaches?
Prompt Response: I found it interesting to see all of the different writing styles within our classroom. I noticed that some people focused on using intricate vocabulary, while others focused on telling stories of their own experiences. There were some arguments made that I didn't fully understand or agree with, but there were a few that I did agree with. For example, the topic of if you should or should not celebrate the birthdays of deceased loved ones was something that I had trouble understanding. I felt this way because I feel that everyone experiences grief differently. Overall, 1 found it interesting and also learned a few things as well!
Summary: Today in class we read, reviewed, and corrected the argumentative paragraphs of each group.
Reflection: 1 appreciated this activity because correcting and evaluating others' work allowed me to understand and process the correct way to write an argumentative paragraph more. When I was reading other paragraphs, I both learned new information and (hopefully) taught other people new information. I also liked how it enabled us to practice working quickly.
Comments
Post a Comment