Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?


Prompt Response: I find establishing a strong claim most difficult in the process of creating an argument. I often have trouble finding the words to establish my position. However, it's not simply a means of vocabulary- I also have trouble remembering how to write a strong claim. I know that practice makes perfect, though, and I must continue working toward making stronger claims and therefore stronger arguments. After all, you can't have an argument without a claim!

Summary: Today in class we went over how to create a clear line of reasoning and we looked at the structure of it as well as making our own.

Reflection: I was a little confused on the structure when making a clear line of reasoning. I figured it out for the most part, but there are still some gray areas within my understanding. I can fix this problem by reviewing my notes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?