Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the "ins and outs" of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.

 Prompt Response: Knowing the "ins and outs" of an assignment is definitely helpful to completing the assignment correctly. A rubric is a very helpful tool for this as it outlines all the criteria that needs to be met. Oftentimes, however, rubrics might lack depth and fail to answer questions that students might have. I feel that the rubric we were given today was helpful. I hope that it allows for the writing of the argumentative essay to go smoothly.

Summary: Today in class we went over the rubric for an argumentative essay.

Reflection: I feel that I am mostly prepared to write our argumentative essay, but I am still a bit nervous about some things. I am going to make sure that I pay a lot of attention to time, as 40 minutes doesn't sound like much time to me. I will hopefully be able to follow the rubric smoothly and do well on Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?