Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.

 Prompt Response: Usually, I use the rubric as a sort of checklist that I can use to "check off" the tasks as I write/work. I plan on using this same tactic tomorrow with the argumentative essay. The rubric will be like a roadmap if I follow this strategy. I hope this allows me to successfully complete the essay. The extra notes we took will also be helpful for this.

Summary: Today in class we prepared to answer our FRQ and argumentative essay.


Reflection: I feel a little bit nervous about the argumentative essay. While I feel prepared, I am still nervous because of the time management factor. I am hoping that the rubric will allow me to excel in the essay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?