Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.

 Prompt Response: The vocabulary word that we learned today that I think will be the most useful in the future is perspicacious. I think this because as I am going through junior year, it is

perspicacious is a trait that would be beneficial for me to adopt. These experiences will give me opportunities to use the word. For example, if were to describe how i want to be characteristically, I would use the word perspicacious to describe my wish.

Summary: Today in class we learned new vocabulary words and applied them to exercises.

Reflection: I thoroughly enjoy learning new vocabulary. Today I was happy when I recognized many of the words. I appreciate reviewing vocabulary because it is useful in all walks of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?