Prompt: Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

 Prompt Response: Something I've always been curious about is the concept of outer space and our universe. This idea has been astounding to me ever since I was in 3rd grade, learning about our solar system and galaxies and such. I find it so interesting that there are trillions of galaxies, and possibly of universes as well. The fact that every star has its own solar system- yet there pre more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on earth- is something I always include in the debate of the possibility of aliens. To think that we are the only beings in our universe(s) is something that sounds almost impossible. This concept is something that I have tried to wrap my head around for my whole life.

Summary: Today in class we went over our argumentative paragraphs and how to make them strong and convincing.

Reflection: I felt that there are a lot of adjustments I need to make to make my paragraphs stronger. For example, I need to make sure that I refrain from using "I feel" or "I believe" when writing a claim. I also need to verify that the evidence I use is credible when I am writing to ensure a distinct argument.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?