After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the "so what?" explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.

 Prompt Response: One big takeaway from today was that I need to focus on my evidence and commentary because they are most important for getting a lot of points. The evidence and commentary are worth four out of the six points. I also learned that I have to make sure that my commentary connects back to the thesis statement. A strong commentary is one that connects back to the thesis and answers the "so what?" question. Correcting other students arguments allowed me to use the rubric in real situations.|

Summary: Today in class we used our rubric to grade past argumentative essays.


Reflection: This helped me understand how to write a strong evidence and commentary. I also was able to grasp how the point for a thesis should be easy, whereas the evidence points needs more attention. I will be able to use what I learned when we write our argumentative essay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?