Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.
Prompt Response: As a child, my parents told me and my sister that after Halloween, a witch would come and take some of our candy in the middle of the night. I believed this, as the morning after Halloween I would notice there was much less candy in my bag than there had been the night before. Come to find out, my parents would put the candy away so we wouldn't eat it all at once. This candy would be saved to be put in our Christmas stocking, used for dessert, and some probably used as a snack for my parents! I realize now how obvious it was that this was a lie, but my sister and I were fully convinced for a few years!
Summary: Today in class we went over and took notes on claims and their different forms.
Reflection: Learning about claims will help me with my understanding of arguments. I am now able to build a good claim, and I will be able to tell if a claim is arguable or not.
Comments
Post a Comment