Prompt: Describe a time you felt completely lost.

 Prompt Response: One time I felt completely lost was in sixth grade on the first day of school. I had gone to orientation and found my classes, but for some reason that morning I had no idea where I was or where to go. In the bustle of kids and teachers, it felt impossible to find help. I saw maps that told me where I was, but as I was so turned around, I would take incorrect turns. Finally, I found a teacher who helped me find my way. I got to my class a bit late, but nonetheless, I figured it out!

Summary: Today in class we covered claims of value and did a worksheet on them. 

Reflection: Learning about claims of value will help me with my understanding of backing up claims. The requirement of having lists of criteria will help me to learn how to back up a claim with solid reasons. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?