Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

 Prompt Response: One thing that makes me different from other people is my height. It is always one of the first things that is mentioned whenever I meet someone for the first time. “You’re so tall” or “Do you play volleyball?” are questions I have had to answer what feels like a billion times. I don’t think that 5’10” is that tall, but it seems to be something others think is crazy. When I was younger, my mom thought I would be the shortest of my sisters. For a while I was, and then I had a major growth spurt. After the next family reunion, I felt that I had been marveled at for my height more times than I could count by my family members. Suffice it to say, I would say there are a bunch of other things that make me different from others- but the one that stands out the most when you first look at me is without a doubt my height.

Summary: Today in class we had a quiz where we read passages and answered questions concerning rhetorical devices. 

Reflections: While I thought the test was a bit difficult, I thought the passages we read were interesting. They used rhetorical situations which I could identify… for the most part!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Prompt: As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?